Moving to a new home? There are many things that you should do; Termite prevention is one of them. Termites are dangerous; they can destroy your home structure. Whether you’re buying an old property, pest-proofing your home before you settle is the safest option. So, you can happily arrange things and enjoy your new home space. When it comes to termite infestation, they may hide under the roofing or in your wooden structures. Regardless of your home location, size, age and model, you need to ensure that your home is termite-free. So, as a property owner, you need to take precautions to save your home as well as your wallet. How can you prevent termite infestation and what you need to do? Here’s the guidance.
- To prevent an infestation and damage, call the pest control professionals to help you out. If you have two to three weeks before you move in, it’s best to get the professionals to inspect the property.
- Check for any stacking firewood or other wood type materials within 25 feet of a home.
- Avoid using mulch for landscaping near the exterior of the home as wood mulch is the entryway for termites to infest your home, ensure to remove them.
- Inspect the outside of the home for moisture problems
- Termites thrive well in rotten and damp areas. When it comes to wooden windows and doors to show signs of moisture within 4 to 5 years of installation. So, caulk around all the windows, all the wooden windows, and doors to prevent the moisture from entering.
- Keep the surrounding area around your home moisture-free.
- Maintain the gutters and downspouts to prevent leaks and proper drainage.
Bottom Line When you follow these steps, you can control the termite infestation to a great extent! However, when you hire termite control professionals like MR Termite Solutions, you can leave the stress to them and move in happily to the home you bought. If you’re looking for termite control services across Watsonia, call MR Termite Solutions on 0413716233 today.